Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North’s current community focus is improving the economic and social wellbeing for the residents of Peterborough.
We do this by supporting and promoting economic and community projects and programs and creating partnerships between government and community.
Here’s a snapshot of projects we’ve been involved with recently:
- Main street rejuvenation, including underground powerlines, building façade and parapet upgrades, free wi-fi and outdoor dining areas.
- Youth Centre opened in April 2016
- Driver Training program
- Homework Club
- Revival of the Peterborough Business Association
- A ‘Pool’ of Ideas for Peterborough (more information below).
We often assist with grant applications to fund building upgrades or programs for sporting or community groups, such as the new LED lighting system for Peterborough’s local sporting complex and the solar panel grant for the Bowling Club. If you’re looking to apply for a grant, please contact us for support.
About the competition
Over the last 18 months a sub-committee led by Hayley, the Peterborough Community Development Officer, have been working towards a new place brand for Peterborough and surrounding towns. The launch was postponed due to the pandemic, however with regional travel being encouraged it is the perfect time to get our new branding out there to encourage South Australian’s to visit – before the official launch we need your help with photo and videos! Don’t worry we will show you the logo before it is launched to the world.
When taking a photo keep in mind celebrating Peterborough’s rich history, the real South Australian experiences and adventures offered and our local people and stories.
We are specifically looking for pictures of landscapes, lifestyles and community.
Views of the Landscape
When capturing views of the landscape, focus on big skies, elements that will provide a good sense of place (e.g. Trains or windmills) and good lighting.
When capturing lifestyle, choose subjects that are genuine, active and warm. When selecting action shots, look to capture the atmosphere and energy of the activity being photographed.
Look to capture different age groups enjoying moments. Warm lighting is important and capturing the unique landscape of architecture of Peterborough will add depth.
Rules for the competition
All entries must be received by 9:00 am Monday 1 June 2020.
Entries can be submitted by:
- Email to email@example.com.
- Delivery to the Peterborough Community Hub. 205 Main Street, Peterborough SA 5422.
Please include your name, address and best contact number.
Photos can be edited, filtered or altered as the entrant pleases, except for the inclusion of watermarks, logos or names. However, if the photo is selected for use, a high-resolution version may be required for publishing purposes (300 DPI).
$100 Voucher for your chosen business in Peterborough.
Terms and Conditions
- Employees of Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and the District Council of Peterborough are permitted to enter.
- The entrant grants Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and the District Council of Peterborough permission to exhibit the image, reproduce the image on websites or other digital media, including social media sites, and in material promoting Peterborough.
- By entering any image, the entrant has ensured that any person in any photo has given consent for their image to be publicly reproduced. In the case of a child (under 18) being shown in any photo, parental consent has been obtained.
- You must be a resident of Australia, with an Australian mailing address, to be eligible to win the prize.
- The entrant must be the creator of the image.
- Images must have been created in the last 12 months.
- The entrant must not have submitted their image into any other competition.
- Copyright of the image remains with the photographer.
- The entrant indemnifies Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and the District Council of Peterborough against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the image.
- By entering any image into this competition, the entrant guarantees to Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and the District Council of Peterborough that the above entry requirements have been met and that the entrant accepts all the Rules and Terms and Conditions of the competition.
- This is not a game of chance. The entries will be judged on merit and the winner determined by Hayley Trott, Community Development Officer at Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and Mayor Ruth Whittle of District Council of Peterborough.
A ‘Pool’ of ideas for Peterborough
Creating a ‘POOL’ of Ideas for Peterborough was an initiative of the Peterborough Development Officer and the Community Liaison Officer, employed with Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North and Uniting Country SA respectively. The aim of this project was to achieve increased engagement with the positions, increased awareness with the wider community about what is available and who can help with
community development initiatives, a collated training calendar and a list of community project priorities for the coming year.
Nicole from RDA asked me to create a short film about the changes that have occurred in Peterborough.I'm SO glad she did! I was blown away by the changes in the town.It feels like a different place.Got a day or two? Head to Peterbrough and be amazed. There's so many things that surprised me.
Posted by Big Day Productions on Wednesday, 30 May 2018
Peterborough Main Street Re-development Gallery (Pre & Post Renovations)
Community Development Officer – Peterborough
Phone: 1300 742 414