Emerging Leaders Program – Online edition
September to October 2023
What is the program about?
The Emerging Leaders Program has been designed to develop local people to become the leaders of tomorrow!
The program is designed to help emerging leaders in the region who are willing, able, and ready to take on their first, or more senior, leadership roles in community organisations or clubs to benefit their communities. The aim of this project is to deliver a high-quality program for the region that will:
- Provide a range of skills, competencies and personal transformation
- Motivate existing or new potential leaders to serve their communities
- Develop participant’s capacity to enact change
- Grow the number of leaders within the region
- Improve regional collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Create a network of supportive emerging leaders
Southern Flinders Ranges program participants
What will the program include?
Training Modules & Dates
Download the Emerging Leaders Brochure
Community Group Coaching:
The coaching for community groups will be provided with a Cooee Collective facilitator to support and work together with the group on their chosen relevant topic:
- Governance (ensuring everything is in place and working out what needs to be done)
- Building a positive committee team and organisation culture
- Strategic Planning
- Finance management
- Streamlining meetings
- Changing the constitution
- Reducing risks (financial, club, infrastructure, cyber etc).
Coaching session breakdown:
- Briefing and discovery with key members of the group – 1hr
- Preparation – 1hr
- Facilitation/coaching of the group – 3hrs
- Follow up/ reporting back – 1hr
You can choose from the following facilitators:
- Jeanette Long
- Jeanette Gellard
- Beck Burgess
- Susie Green
This professional support is to enable community groups to feel confident to move forward and in the right direction.
The online coaching cost is a one-off fee of $50 per club/organisation.
Only 8 places available so use this link to register now!
These need to be completed by 31st December 2023.
Cooee Collective: The Cooee Collective team; Jeanette Long, Beck Burgess, Danielle Lannin England, Jeanette Gellard and Susie Green, are trained and experienced facilitators who are passionate about developing people within regions. They have developed and delivered a range of leadership training in industries and communities across South Australia. Living and working in regional Australia, they ‘live and breathe’ what they teach. They will provide personal experiences about being on boards and committees within industry and their local communities. The modules they deliver will be interactive and engaging with opportunities to apply learning through practical activities..
- Over 18 years of age
- Reside within the Yorke & Mid North (YMN) Region*
- Attached to or aim to join a local community organisation or club within the YMN region
- Passionate about creating positive change within your community and developing your skills to be a high-performing leader.
*Applications from people that do not currently live in the region will be assessed on an individual basis and will only be accepted if there is positions not filled by residents
The program is subsidised at $20 per workshop or $84 for all six per participant.
Organisation or Club Sponsored Position: Participants also have the option to be sponsored by a community organisation or club (e. sporting club, progress organisation, etc). Community organisations or clubs will need to commit to:
- Payment of the Program Fee – a non-refundable payment of $84 paid on acceptance to the program
- Supporting the individual to attend all scheduled program days
Options are available if you are experiencing financial hardship. No individual should be discouraged from applying because of financial reasons – sponsorship opportunities are available. If you are experiencing financial hardship or would like to discuss payment options or alternative sponsorship opportunities, please get in touch with the Program Coordinator.
Contact the Program Coordinator
1300 742 414
This program is made possible through funding provided by the Department of Primary Industries and Regions South Australia and the support of Regional Development Australia Yorke & Mid North as project manager.