Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) has announced it will fund the seven South Australian Regional Development Australia (RDA) boards to deliver a series of regional leadership programs around the state. These programs will involve place-based programs to develop leadership capacity in regional areas through targeted programs aimed at address gaps that exist in leadership programs in these local communities.
Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North (RDAYMN) is the organisation responsible for the area approximately between Wilmington in the north and Hamley Bridge in the south, and Eudunda through to the bottom of the Yorke Peninsula in the east and west respectively.
An initial gap analysis of leadership programs servicing communities in this area has identified a gap in early-stage leadership development programs for people in organisations (whether private or community-based).
Build participants’ capacity and confidence such that they are able to become effective leaders of community organisations and private enterprises.
The proposed program of the place-based program in the Yorke and Mid North region comprises the following:
– 3 rounds targeting intakes of 20 participants, targeting the Yorke Peninsula, Mid North and Southern Flinders regions (totalling 60 participants in 3 groups);
– Rounds commencing in June 2022, January 2023 and July 2023 (each round delivered in one of the three locations);
– Each round comprising a 24-week program delivered via seven intensive modules, including:
- Program induction, orientation and goal setting
- Foundations of governance
- Managing finances and funding applications
- Introduction to project management in organisations
- Media, communications and PR
- Using adaptive leadership to manage challenges
- Capstone and planning for the future
The program will be delivered by RDAYMN and facilitated by a program coordinator; individual modules are to be delivered by service providers under service agreements with RDAYMN.
Find out more here