Workskil Australia Limited
About the Role
Workskil Australia is a national provider of Employment Services delivering the Australian Government’s Workforce Australia program. The program is playing a critical role in Australia’s economic recovery by getting people back into work.
This role will play a pivotal role in developing, coaching, and driving the performance of your team whilst building a supportive culture at site.
This position is being offered on a full time, fixed term contract until 07/02/2025 and is located at our Port Pirie Site.
You’ll also experience the work/life balance that comes with working a 9 day fortnight, with a dedicated and fixed day off every second week. You will still receive the remuneration of a full time employee in addition to the ability to salary sacrifice. This challenging role will be a well sought after opportunity so we encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional people management skills, leading by example to drive and mentor a site team;
- Excellent understanding of the employment services industry with at least three years’ experience;
- Sound understanding of performance management and work health and safety principles;
- Experience successfully leading a team to consistently achieve individual and team KPI’s;
- Strong record of delivering quality customer service;
- Ability to work with a diverse range of customers in a culturally appropriate manner, and one that is understanding of disadvantage and disability.
- Work collaboratively with support services, and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Agility and flexibility in a business that is constantly evolving; and
- Understanding of the local labour market and needs of employers.
You will be required to:
- Hold a current driver’s licence;
- Have the ability to type 30 words per minute;
- Have a minimum three years’ experience in Employment or Youth Services or a related industry; and
- Have a minimum Certificate IV in Employment Services or Career Development.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with almost 40 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We promote a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. We look for employees who have a genuine passion for working with those in need, are results-focused and can contribute to a strong team. In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
We work hard every day to:
- Work with our Customers to secure great long-term job opportunities.
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and we strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
About your Application
For your application, please include both a cover letter and resume. Your letter should set out why you are the appropriate candidate for the role. For ease of upload, we encourage you to combine these into one file as a pdf or word document. If you progress in your application for this role Workskil Australia will undertake screening, including medical assessments and police checks to ensure that you can carry out the inherent requirements of this role and that reasonable accommodations can be made. Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and other checks that may be a requirement of the position. To learn more about working at Workskil Australia head to https://www.workskil.com.au/about-us/work-with-us/
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Workskil Australia is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we particularly welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and applicants who have a disability. We deliver a range of employment and community services to children, young people and their families and are committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people in the delivery of these services.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.