Yorke and Northern Local Health Network
As a Personal Care Worker, you will provide assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene, dressing and grooming of residents, along with toileting and continence management. You will help with feeding residents and maintain their mobility/dexterity through transferring and lifting, including the use of mechanical aides. You will also undertake bed making, cleaning of equipment, aids, utensils in work area (including personal possessions), and distribute clean laundry and personal attire. You will provide input into resident assessment and record general observations, help to identify diversional therapy needs of individuals and/or groups and complete routine documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures and must have completed AQF Certificate III relevant to the position.
As an Assistant in Nursing, you will support Enrolled and Registered Nurses in the delivery of general resident/client care, and undertake basic nursing duties that would otherwise have been performed by an Enrolled or Registered Nurse. This will include personal care duties for patients, as well as technical support functions at the level of setting up for nursing procedures, cleaning equipment and managing local stock levels. You will help to maintain a physically and culturally safe environment for patients and staff and follow established guidelines, protocols, procedure, standards and systems of work as set out by the organisation. You will work under the direct or indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse and your work may also be overseen by an Enrolled Nurse within a care team.
- Be enrolled as a student in an undergraduate program in nursing or midwifery and have completed any training required by the employer relevant to the safe and competent performance of work at this level
- Be employed on the basis that the person is, or will be, undertaking a course approved by the Registration Authority for the preparation of Enrolled Nurses
- Hold a Certificate III or IV in one of the following health related disciplines
- Basic Health Care
- Aged Care
- Health Services Assistance: (Qualifications to include elective units recommended for AIN Acute care)
- Home and Community Care
- Individual Support Work
- Or such other nationally recognised courses approved within the healthcare setting by full agreement of DHA and the ANMF
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
Applications close: 31 May 2023 Cen. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.