The Plains Producer is recruiting for a full time Editor to join our team located in either Clare or Balaklava. This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic, community minded Editor or experienced Journalist looking to take the next step in their career.
As a key leadership role in our team, your experience and understanding of the news media industry will be key to your success in this role managing a team of journalists for the Plains Producer, The Echo and other publications.
Taking your journalism experience and key news sense, the role of Editor is to coordinate the journalist workflow, actively engage in the local community by attending functions and events, building relationships with key stakeholders, implement circulation and engagement strategies, coach, mentor and train your team, whilst actively sourcing your own stories.
- Impeccable sub-editing skills and proven track record in covering a variety of stories such as breaking news, community news and feature writing.
- Ability to train staff to ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining the accuracy and quality of the editorial content.
- Possess mature and seasoned news judgement to help guide news angles from your team and priorities key stories.
- Managing team workflow including coordinating coverage of events on weekends and after hours.
Your experience and capability
- Experience as a news media journalist is vital
- Ability to navigate complicated information and sensitive stories
- A positive attitude with enthusiasm for sharing ideas and learning new skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Several years experience as a journalist or editor
- Leadership qualities and the willingness to mentor and grow staff
- A keen eye for news planning
- Proven experience with building relationships with key stakeholders and community contacts
- Experience in managing remote teams
For further information please contact Renee Bennett on 0488 332 041.
Please apply via the Seek link and include your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17 August 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.