We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
We are seeking a values-driven and dedicated Financial Counsellor reporting to the Team Leader. You will provide telephone-based support to individuals and families to navigate financial crises and build financial wellbeing, capability and resilience by providing financial counselling services.
This is a fixed-term part-time position until June 2023 located at our Copper Coast Corps and Port Pirie.
You will successfully:
- Provide case management support to clients in accordance with TSA case management models and standards of practice
- Deliver ongoing assessment of the client’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Develop individual case plans in collaboration with clients within 10 days of the first appointment and include a range of interventions
- Assist clients to make informed decisions and access support services
- Complete and submit Concessions, consumer saving schemes, Dental Waivers and EPPS applications and grants wit
- Negotiate and advocate on behalf of the client in areas ie: Utilities, Pawn Brokers, Radio Rentals, Councils, Telecommunications, etc
- Accurate, up to date client records and data is maintained for all clients in accordance with TSA standards and using TSA systems
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
You will have:
- Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling) or be working towards a Diploma or willing to complete while in the role
- Be a member of SAFCA or expected to work towards and maintain full SAFCA membership within the first 12 months
- A valid Working with Children Check & DCSI clearance
- SA drivers licence
- A willingness to undergo a National Police check
What we offer:
- As a registered not for profit organisation you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.