There to care. Here for good.
Aged care is so important. Some people forget that. You don’t and neither do we. Because helping people is what we were born to do.
We’ve been a leading provider of aged care in communities across South Australia since 1953. That’s a long journey, and we’re proud of our stability and strength.
Now, we’re on a mission to continue to grow and improve our services and impact, hand in hand with our fantastic team.
Here, every moment matters and every client counts. And so do you.
Join us as a Enrolled Nurse and be there to care.
A brighter future with Helping Hand, for older people and for you.
Based at our Port Pirie Residential Care Home, as our invaluable Enrolled Nurse, you will be responsible for the delivery of care services within their scope of practice to meet the needs of Helping Hand residents. The enrolled Nurse, in collaboration with the Registered Nurse is also responsible for the coordination and delegation of clients care tasks to Care Workers.
You’ll also make an impact by:
- Assisting and supporting the Registered Nurse in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing and personal care
- Contributing to the formulation of client care plans in collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse
- Providing client care in accordance with the care plan, relevant legislation, contemporary care standards and Helping Hand philosophy, policy and procedures
- Supporting team development and induction of new workers by promoting, encouraging and fostering workplace learning
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Diploma of Enrolled Nursing
- A current AHPRA registration
- The ability to operate smartphones and apps (such as Microsoft Outlook)
- Minimum of 6-12 months of work experience (experience in aged care is highly regarded)
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening clearance or be willing to obtain one
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you have some of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- The ability to contribute in a team, while demonstrating leadership skills to support and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, take initiative and work independently
Why Helping Hand?
We get it – a role in aged care is more than just money. You don’t do it for the pat on the back. You do it because you know it matters – and at Helping Hand, you matter, too.
We truly care about how you are. Here are some of the things we hope you’ll love about working with us:
- We are who you are
Here’s the thing. When good people come together, amazing things happen. At Helping Hand, you’ll find real support from teammates and managers who share your values and strength. They’ve been in your shoes – and they’ll always be just a phone call away to lend a helping hand.
- We are where you are
As our Enrolled Nurse, you’ll know you’re contributing directly to a community you care about. And you’ll see your impact on the faces of the people you’re supporting.
- We care how you are
In any job, how well you feel affects how well you work. And we take that very seriously. We want you to feel as secure as you can. So, we’re proud that our people say they value the stability that comes with working for a well-established, growing organisation like us.
You’ll also enjoy a range of other benefits:
- Be part of a warm, friendly team that genuinely cares about you and your wellbeing
- Maximise your take-home pay by salary packaging up to $15,899 each year
- Enjoy an additional $2,650 tax free per year with our Meal and Entertainment Card
- Prioritise your health and wellbeing with discounted private health insurance, plus our Employee Assistance Program
- Get active with our Fitness Passport Program and enjoy discounted gym memberships for you and your family
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Are you ready to lend a helping hand?
Join us at Helping Hand and help shape your future and ours.
We will be reviewing applications as they are submitted and conducting interviews accordingly.
Current Helping Hand employees must notify their manager of their intent to apply.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold relevant checks or be willing to obtain them. Successful candidates will be required to attend an induction session before commencing work.
Helping Hand welcomes and respects the diversity our clients, staff and volunteers bring. Regardless of their culture, religion, spirituality, age, gender, sexuality, disability, socio-economic background or personal experiences, our people are included and respected.
Helping Hand strongly recommends that all employees receive COVID-19 and flu vaccinations, as we work in a high-risk setting and are in contact with vulnerable people.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.