The Willochra Home
This role is for a Permanent Part Time position. Hours will be negotiated depending on experience and scope of practice.
Requirements for this role are:
- Diploma Enrolled Nurse
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 2 year post registration clinical experience, preferably in Aged Care or Acute Care
- Hold an Australian Working Visa
- Care, compassion and advocacy for the elderly or vulnerable person
- Ability to lead and supervise a cohesive team of health professionals and foster an environment of teamwork, care and compassion to both staff and residents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and commitment to accurate and relevant documentation
- Computer skills – Word and Excel, and experience with LeeCare or any other related aged care systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience with ACFI, Accreditation and the new Aged Care Standards would be highly valued.
- Commitment to further ongoing internal and external education
Applicants are required to have a working visa for Australia, current Criminal History check, Aged Care Sector Employment check and Working with Children checks, current FluVax and x3 COVID19 Vaccinations.
As the Enrolled Nurse on duty you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a high level of professional role modelling for our team of committed care staff
- Will lead, mentor, teach and supervise Care Staff to ensure that the standards of care provided meet all the legislative requirements and best practice guidelines within the Residential Aged Care Quality Standards
- Work in conjunction with, and support the Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse and Residential Care Manager to drive the ongoing quality improvement initiatives
- Willing to assume higher duties if and when required
- Building and maintaining supportive relationships with residents and their families
- Administering medications, including Schedule 4 and 8, under the guidance of the RN or CM
- The possibility of taking on a portfolio, such as medications or diabetes
- Assist with Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) assessments and care plan reviews as directed by the CM for completion within allocated time frames
- Demonstrate leadership, knowledge and understanding of organisational policies and procedures to enhance services in Residential Aged Care Standard outcomes
- Contribute to effective and appropriate communication between all staff of The Willochra Home
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.