Department for Environment and Water
About the Role:
We are the Department for Environment and Water (DEW), an organisation that leads the way in conserving, sustaining, and creating prosperity for South Australia. We influence government decisions and deliver high-quality policy, programs, and assets that significantly affect the state’s social, environmental, and economic well-being. We’re passionate about inclusion, diversity, customer service, and achieving results, all through the means of innovative technology and strategic partnerships.
We currently have a vacancy for a Customer Service Officer within the National Parks and Wildlife Service at the world renowned Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park.
Reporting to the Senior Customer Service Officer, the Customer Service Officer delivers high quality visitor experiences at Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park through the provision of customer service, visitor information and interpretation and assistance with accommodation booking. Working in a small team, the Customer Service Officer provides administration support, sales assistance, visitor data collection and undertakes cleaning of the Visitor Centre and ensuring visitor accommodation is presented and maintained to the highest standard.
Apply today to join our vibrant, inclusive team!
What can we offer you!
- Working in an organisation that is contributing to significant environmental and heritage outcomes in the great state of South Australia!
- Be part of a fun, collaborative and supportive team.
- Free entry into DEW managed National Parks across SA.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Meaningful and rewarding career.
Casual contract up to 16 June 2024
- The position is based at Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park, but may be required to assist at other worksites across the Yorke and Mid North region.
- The incumbent works on a casual basis including school holidays, public holidays and some weekends.
- The incumbent will be required to wear a uniform and protective clothing in accordance with Departmental policy.
- The incumbent will be required to possess a current driver’s licence and be willing to drive.
- The incumbent will be required to undertake emergency operations including bush fire suppression activities, commensurate with their fitness and training levels. This could require at times, some out of hours work including participation in an `on call’ roster.
GSE2 – $34.91 min – $35.28 max per hour including 25% leave loading in lieu of annual leave and sick leave
Applications are to be submitted online through I WORK FOR SA.
Applicants are to submit a pre-employment declaration, CV and letter of application (max. 3 pages) addressing the Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience (including qualifications) as outlined in the Role Description.
The Department for Environment and Water is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds including all ages and gender identities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTIQA+.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.