We are seeking a motivated, qualified Cook to join our Hotel Services team in Jamestown and a part time basis, offering a minimum of 45 hours per fortnight, with the potential to increase hours by covering leave. This position provides high-quality meals for the residents, café & functions and manages the day-to-day coordination of the kitchen.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ensure the highest standard of meals are prepared to the residents’ satisfaction while complying with dietary guidelines for the aged
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and duty statements to make sure there is a consistent standard of service delivery
- Ensure services are delivered cost-effectively, by using Helping Hand resources wisely and effectively
- Make sure that the resident’s comfort and dignity are maintained, and look after their personal privacy by maintaining resident confidentiality
- Maintaining a quality management system that meets Aged Care and Food Safety Standards and Accreditation requirements
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to work with others, and adapt to working with different people in different environments and from different disciplines
- Ability to supervise staff and build a great teamwork culture
- A commitment to providing an excellent standard of service and a continuous improvement approach
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points)
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to relate to older people
- Previous experience in an Aged Care Facility
- Knowledge of Texture Modified Diets
- Basic Computer Skills
- Available over the weekends
Please note the following requirements for work in the Aged Care Sector:
- Current Influenza vaccination
- COVID19 vaccination/ both doses + booster
- Current National Police Clearance
For confidential inquiries please contact Martin Collumb, Hotel Services Support Manager.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current national police check or be willing to obtain one. Current Helping Hand employees must notify their manager of their intent to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.