About the Role:
Based in Port Pirie and reporting directly to the Branch Manager, your primary responsibility will be reviewing, initiating and managing projects in the northern regions ensuring their successful delivery. This is a multi-disciplined role requiring experience in civil construction, earthmoving, demolition, transport, waste management and building services.
This will include:
- Leading and managing internal and external projects across various teams with effective and clear communication
- Tendering, cost control, reporting, procurement and contract management
- A strong understanding of plant and equipment capabilities and effective utilisation
- Strategically managing the relevant projects through effective management of people and processes in a high-pressure environment
- Problem solving and innovation as an individual and part of a team
- A strong commitment to WHS and environmental standards
- Developing positive relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
The Construction and Project Manager has a great opportunity to closely work with a dynamic team of talented professionals, providing them with the technical skills, guidance and best practices.
The role requires building a strong, sustainable relationship internally and externally with various teams. You will plan your week to deliver efficient service to the projects assigned to you. The support culture is strong should you find yourself overwhelmed or unsure about managerial and process matters.
Our projects may require you to travel throughout South Australia to ensure consistency of processes and practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in building, construction, civil, mining, heavy industry with project experience, preferably in major construction projects
- Technical project management of residential, commercial, and urban development projects
- Experience in managing teams and developing/mentoring staff on-site and off-site
- Experience in managing construction scheduling and cost/cash flow management
- Project commercial management, including financials, procurement, and contracts
- Project risk management
- Change management and continuous improvement
- Experience in using general office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Suite)
How to apply
If you believe this opportunity matches your experience and skills and you are looking to join a progressive construction company that embraces diversity and fosters its employees for long-term career progression, then send your application to Michelle Wood at email@example.com
As an employer that embraces equal opportunity and diversity, we encourage female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.