Environmental Health Centre
The Community & Family Development – Program Assistant assists in the development and delivery of community wide awareness, education and information programs designed to increase public knowledge of the role, services and activities of the Environmental Health Centre.
Duties will include:
- Assists in the planning, preparation and provision of CFD services/ programs
- Providing program support to the CFD Programs – including Kindy Handwashing, Cook Eat Live, Grandparent Group and new CFD program initiatives
- Providing efficient and effective administrative and general support to CFD team
- Assisting in health awareness and education activities by developing and producing resource materials, as well as being available to coordinate events
- Encouraging and enabling client engagement to program activities which assists the Environmental Health Centre in meeting its objective of reducing the blood lead levels of Port Pirie’s children by reducing children’s exposure to lead through an enhanced preventative program
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 01 May 2023 Cen. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.