Due to internal growth and new vision in 2022 Helping Hand have an opportunity for a qualified Chef to lead our Food Services Team in a permanent full time capacity at our Residential site in Port Pirie. The Team Leader Food Services is responsible for planning and organising the preparation and cooking of food for all residents. The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of menu planning and estimating food requirements including providing for special dietary needs, integrated with nutrition and hospitality management principles.
Core responsibilities and activities include maintaining a food safety plan, controlling and ordering stock, monitoring costs and work operations, to ensure a high level of hospitality service that is resident focused and efficient.
- Strong leadership skills including, effective coordination and delegation of food preparation activities to catering staff
- Effective training and development approach
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Experience in a Commercial Kitchen
- Demonstrated knowledge of use of industrial equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of textured modified foods and special dietary needs
- Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points)
- Ability to work across a 7 day roster
- Previous experience in Age Care an advantage
Please note the following requirements for work in the Aged Care Sector:
Current Influenza vaccination
COVID19 vaccination/ both doses + booster
Current National Police Clearance
For confidential enquiries please contact Dannielle Hallam on 0477658388.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current national police check or be willing to obtain one. Current Helping Hand employees must notify their manager of their intent to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.