The Bentleys Hotel is looking for a natural-born leader who is passionate about hospitality for this exciting new role!
Our values are to empower others, be respectful and compassionate, maintain professional standards, operate with honesty and integrity, and recognise hard work. And our core philosophy is, making others feel good, feels great!
The Assistant Manager reports to the Venue Manager and is responsible for the effective management of hotel operations to ensure exceptional service and teamwork, and that budgets and targets are met. This includes day-to-day employee and stakeholder management whilst providing leadership and support to all departments.
The Assistant Manager leads by example and encourages a customer-focused culture, efficient operations, team development, marketing, profits, cost control, WHS, and community engagement. The Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with legislative requirements when on shift across all the Venue. This role is a key support function to the Venue Manager and will have the ability to step up and lead the venue in their absence.
- Oversee the operations of the hotel, be present in the venue and on shift
- Encourage regular briefings and meetings with all department managers
- Responsible for overseeing correct safety and procedures
- Handling complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Be involved in the ongoing profitability of the Venue, ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction targets are met and ultimately exceeded
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the Venue, Management, and the wider Group
- Oversee and manage all departments and work closely with all Managers
- Responsible for supporting the recruitment, induction, and performance management and reviews of employees in line with People and Culture policies and procedures
- Support and develop employee training and development on the job and with key compliance requirements
- Responsible for the effective planning of promotional activities, events, and functions across the Venue
- Understand the requirements for maintaining all plant and equipment and identifying any repairs and maintenance issues
- Ensuring the coordination of ongoing maintenance of the property to ensure exemplary presentation
- Responsible for compliance with Liquor Licensing Laws and Codes of Conduct and other State and Federal legislative requirements
- Responsible for compliance with the WHS Act 2012
- Ensuring appropriate security measures are maintained in relation to customer well-being, cash handling, and Venue facilities
- Other duties as required to effectively manage the Venue and provide an exceptional customer experience, or as directed by the VM and Ops/Exec team
- Extensive and proven hospitality and business management experience
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, and guest service knowledge
- Experience in recruitment, retention, training, and performance management
- Be well organised and able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Outstanding professional personal presentation style and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people (suppliers, customers, employees, and senior management)
- The ability to analyse situations and make rational and responsible decisions relating to staffing, patron comfort and care, and strategic business issues
- Competent at reading, developing, and understanding financial reporting
- Extensive product knowledge including broad local and international food and wines
- Ability to manage projects, change, and competing priorities
- Experience in TAB, Keno, and Advanced Gaming Machine operations
- Experience in stock and inventory control
- RSA and RP badge
- Salary range of $70,000 to $75,000 dependant on skills and experience
- 11% superannuation
- Private health discounts
- TOIL for Public Holidays worked and overtime
- Laptop provided
- Meals and discounts included
- Travel for training and team development
- Supportive and engaging Head Office
- Opportunity to be part of renovations and lead growth
Get your Resume and Cover Letter ready to go, fill in all the details throughout the application, and we look forward to hearing from you!
*Australian residents and unrestricted visa holders only
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.