- This event has passed.
Welcome Your Chinese Visitors Workshop
February 27, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
SATIC, with the support of the Government of South Australia, the South Australian Tourism Commission and the Commonwealth Tourism Demand Driver Infrastructure (TDDI) program, is running 40 workshops around the state in 2017/18. These workshops will be followed by one-on-one business coaching sessions (within six months). Please note that only 100 coaching sessions are available and conditions apply. See below for more information and to register your interest.
These workshops are highly interactive, hands on and conducted in a small intimate group setting of up to 30 people that are tailored and run by professional facilitators. They aim to deliver tangible outcomes – learnt today and implemented tomorrow.
- Market segmentation—who are your customers?
- Family structure and cultural values
- Understanding their comfort zone—likes and dislikes
Promoting your business to your Chinese visitors
- How to create effective marketing collateral with proper translation
- How to promote your business in a cost-effective way
- How to design proper signage, menus and instructions
Delivering customer service to your Chinese visitors
- Managing expectations (greetings, food, accommodation, etc.)
- Cultural assumptions—how does culture influence communication
- Useful words and phrases in Mandarin Chinese