- This event has passed.
Strategic Grants Bootcamp: Seeking & applying for grants in 2020
September 2, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Date: 2 workshops, delivered over 2 weeks on Wednesday 2nd September & Wednesday 9th September
Time: Each 1.5 hour workshop will run from 11:00AM – 12:30PM (AEST)
Price: $150 (exc GST) *Premium Members receive 25% off this series*
Course level: Beginners to intermediate
Grant funding can be a significant boost to your budget and is available for a range of activities to help your non-profit organisation achieve its mission. For example, to start a new program, buy equipment or even invest in your own organisational planning.
When it comes to grant-seeking, there is not a ‘fail proof formula’ that absolutely guarantees success, but there are a number of steps you can follow to put your organisation in the best possible position for grants success.
This two-part Strategic Grants’ Bootcamp, is designed to help you develop an effective approach to grant-seeking, understand what grant funders are looking for and learn hints and tips on how to go about structuring a grant application. We will guide you through a step-by-step process to demystify the world of grants and make the most of your precious time and people resources to find, and apply for the right grant for your organisation.
Week 1 – 2 September – Getting your organisation and project grant ready
- Current and future grants landscape, post pandemic
- Grant readiness checklist
- Constructing a project plan and budget
Week 2 – 9 September – Funder relationships, writing winning applications and reporting for continued success
- Finding the right funders for each of your projects
- Writing a winning application, process to follow plus examples of responses to commonly asked questions
- Post grant awarded – grant project monitoring, data capture, reporting and relationship management
By the end of this bootcamp you will have an understanding of:
- How COVID-19 has affected grant-seeking now and likely after-affects
- Where to find grants
- What your organisation needs to have in place before applying via a checklist of tasks to complete
- How to plan your project with a takeaway project planning template
- The process of matching the right project to the right funder at the right time
- Processes for writing strong applications that address funder criteria with takeaway writing examples for future reference
- Simple methods of capturing project outputs and outcomes for funder reports and ongoing relationship development.
This course is suitable for: Anyone working in a grant seeking role.
Includes: Live access to the 2 workshops in the series, participation in live Q&A sessions and ability to submit questions and problems for discussion prior, access to post workshop recordings and slides as well as any additional templates provided by the trainer.