- This event has passed.
Regional Forum: Water Balance in the Region
March 26, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Join business leaders, forward thinkers and industry experts in a discussion about the future of water in our region.
A critical asset for our community, economy and the region’s unique biodiversity, this year’s Regional Forum will explore how we can better balance our water needs to drive growth, protect our environment and keep our towns and landscapes green.
Keynote speaker Martin Haese, Chair of the Premier’s Climate Change Council, will explore water in a changing climate, including the exciting socio-economic opportunities available on our doorstep.
The forum will also cover:
- Why cultural flows are important to our indigenous communities and understanding the spiritual significance of permanent pools in our region.
- The creatures and critters that rely on water refuges during dry spells
- How farmers can support their stock, protect biodiversity and improve their property’s sustainability
- Going with the flow: The importance of water to flush our watercourse systems, remove salinity and sustain vegetation
- Green spaces in our towns for community wellbeing and tourist appeal
WHEN: Friday, 26 March 2021 | 8.30am – 2pm
WHERE: Clare Town Hall
A free event with morning tea and lunch provided
The Regional Forum is led by the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board with support from its Regional Alliance partners Legatus Group and Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North.