The Volunteer Grants Activity is an element of the Families and Communities Program. The Families and Communities Program aims to strengthen relationships, improve well-being of children and young people, reduce the cost of family breakdown, strengthen family and community functioning and facilitate the settlement of migrants and humanitarian entrants in the community.
The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers. The grants form part of the Government’s work to support the volunteers who help disadvantaged Australian communities and encourage inclusion of vulnerable people in community life.
Funding Amount: $1,000 to $5,000
Total pool: $20,000,000
Closes 18-Sep-2018 2pm AEST
The Australian Government has announced a total of $20 million for the Volunteer Grants 2018 round. Eligible organisations and eligible individuals representing volunteer based community groups can apply for funding amounts of between $1,000 and $5,000.
This funding is to be used to:
• purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers;
• contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs;
• contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive;
• assist with the costs of training courses; and
• undertake background screening checks for volunteers.
For further information visit their website.