This competitive grant round has up to $5 million in grant funding available for regional development initiatives in South Australia from $50,000 up to $2 million on a matched dollar for dollar basis.
Applications will be assessed by a panel led by an independent chair.
The Fund has been established to unlock new economic opportunities, build and strengthen communities and support more regional jobs.
The aim is to support new activity that would not occur otherwise and assist regions to grow, become more vibrant and provide rewarding job opportunities.
Projects will be selected based on the following principles:
- support for new economic activity that would not otherwise occur
- the activity can be sustained without further intervention by government after the funding has been provided
- the activity creates benefit for multiple entities, including entities not directly associated with the application
- the activity contributes to the scale of an industry or sector
- the application has a connection to and has vested an interest in a specific regional community.
Local government bodies and Incorporated Associations are encouraged to apply. Business clusters, defined by a lead business that applies and accepts responsibility for contractual obligations on behalf of a group of businesses, are encouraged to apply.
A reminder that applications for the 2018 round of the competitive pool will open on 2 July and close 31 August 2018.
More information, including guidelines, are available now at www.pir.sa.gov.au/regionalgrowthfund