The Stronger Communities Programme (SCP) provides grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 to community organisations and local governments for capital projects.
The input of the community is a key element of the SCP. Projects are selected by Members of Parliament (MPs) and their community consultation committees, and are then submitted to the Government for assessment.
Rounds one and two of the SCP were very successful, with a wide variety of projects funded across Australia. Successful projects included men’s sheds and associated equipment, scoreboards, computers, upgrades to community halls and clubhouses, equipment for both aged care and day care facilities, art works, inflatable rescue boats and disaster recovery generators.
- You will need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through your relevant local Federal MP (Rowan Ramsey MP in our region) by no later than 18th August 2017
Available funding between $2000 – $20,000 (EOI form attached) – This can either be completed manually and scanned and returned electronically or posted back Rowans office = Gen.Wells@aph.gov.au or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have an ABN or be a local government agency or body or not for profit organisation that is a legal entity
- Other eligibility http://investment.infrastructure.gov.au/funding/scp/
Applicants must have matched funding of $1 for $1 however in-kind volunteer labour is also acceptable
- Applications must be back to Rowans office by no later than 18th August 2017
- Successful applicants will then be advised in due course and invited to lodge a full online application which must then be submitted by no later than 28th September 2017.